Blank Full Graphic LCD

I bought a Full Graphic LCD and jacked it all in.

I updated my firmware to RC7_MPCNC_LCD_9916 and added the u8glib.h. After I upload (with no errors), the LCD is just blank.

The lcd controller was sourced from amazon. It’s a reprap discount full graphic smart controller.

Any thoughts?

Swap the wires

Swapped and now just not on… before it was blank but on… I should have said that… I read something online about trimming that little tab and putting the connectors in backwards, does that work or am I going to break it?

I tried it… It didn’t work.

I’m not sure if this is anything, but…

The RC7.ino is in another file folder within the extracted group. If I remove it from that folder and place it with the rest of the files and load it in the ide it has multiple tabs within the ide software. Cofiguration.h and conditionals_lcd.h are among them. Is this normal? However, this gives me an error. If I leave it in its own folder and load it, no issues uploading it. But the screen doesn’t work.

Did you try adjusting the contrast pot?

Yes I did. It didn’t change… It appears my problem is that the ide is giving me an error if I try to install the .ino from the source folder. It tells me something aboutold configurations? And to delete #include lines.

This is the error message I get when trying to upload the firmware w/ ug8lib.

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

Conditionals.h:30: error: #error “Old configurations? Please delete all #include lines from Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h.”

#error “Old configurations? Please delete all #include lines from Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h.”

^

exit status 1
#error “Old configurations? Please delete all #include lines from Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h.”

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.