Benefit ti updrade from burly to primo

Please can advice for the benefit to Upgrade on primo?
My old mpcnc are with rambo 1.4 and stai less pipe and t8 screw.

What speed and feed i can achieve withb primo???
Thanke

It’s more of an ease of assembly/printing for new users than anything. It’s a little bit stiffer, but if your burly is running I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

I concur with Barry.

I bumped up from a Burly to the Primo pretty early on. The machine is a bit stiffer, but if yours cuts fine, I wouldn’t worry with it.

Part of my reason for upgrading was I was also switching from 3/4" conduit to 1" stainless steel. But you’re already using SS tubing.

The cost will be around $100 to upgrade. For that you get a number of incremental improvements:

• Wider 10mm belts rather than 6mm belts
  • Stiffer core
  • Closer mounting that has the spindle less cantilevered
  • Built-in belt tightening system
  • More adjustments for squareness

I’ve never seen a head-to-head comparison with identical machines comparing the Burly to the Primo. Ryan promoted a drag race in this topic that has some impressive numbers, though the machines might not be “stock.”

I would expect that the more your cutting stresses the machine, the more improvement you would see from a Primo. That is, you might get little benefit from cutting softer woods, but the Primo might shine by comparison cutting hardwood and aluminum. I upgraded, but I typically don’t push my machine, and I don’t remember my Burly settings to compare. And like David, I upgraded to stainless steel at the same time, which gave the machine a significantly better feel.

2 Likes