Bad spot in LCD

Hi all, I just purchased the full kit from Ryan. Almost everything is up and running smoothly, however, there seems to be a bad spot in the LCD, or bad connection in the back of it . See the attached photo . Although if I press on both sides and in the middle of the back, I can get rid of the dead spot. Is this something I could repair? Or do I need to get a new LCD? Thanks!!

Tyler

Shoot. That is the second one in this batch. I wish I could figure out a way to fix it I have a few of them If you wanna dig in a little bit and see if you can fix it that would be awesome. If not use the contact from to email me some of your order information so I can send a replacement.

Apologies for the hassle.

So I found a bit of a work around. It’s Haggard, but it works. I ran a screw through both bottom holes and tightened them until the bad spot disappeared. I occasionally get one or two bad lines through the display, but it’s much better than it was. I’m happy with it. The only downfall is that the sides of the case don’t fit now. But, I can address that later.

20181231_142248.jpg

That is awesome. I will replace it if it causes any other issues, but I really appreciate you trying. I am actually going to try your fix on my Zen’s screen.

1 Like

Sounds good! I Appreciate the quick replies sir! If you have small enough machine screws and nuts, that would probably work alot better than my wood screws and zip tie ends hahahaha. I work in the oilfield, so I tend to be good at finding ridiculous and crude ways to fix things.

I tried it on one of the screens I have but it didn’t work. It does work if I press on the tiny black frame but not on the screw holes. I might dissect one for “science”.

Â