Any ideas on touch screen issues?

Finished my build but with a couple quirks. In touchscreen mode I dont get a CNC style menu but a 3D printer style menu is this correct? Also strangely TFT SD slot stopped reading cards but ive been sending files through Pronterface with zero issues. If anyone has ideas on the card reader I would appreciate it. I ordered the tiny touch plate has not gotten here yet but I am sure I’ll be back to ask about that setup lol.

@vicious1

Congratulations! What kind of machine did you build?

Yes, it’s normal. The BTT firmware presumes 3D printer and it is too much hassle to try and follow along with every release to do customizations to remove the 3D printer stuff. It doesn’t hurt CNC use.

You’re using a TFT, so must be SKR Pro or octopus? What controller and what firmware versions do you have loaded on the controller and the TFT? Did you buy them from V1 or elsewhere? (Trying to decide how to adise you next)

I thought there was a change to recent firmwares. How long have you been running the system, and did you recently update any of the firmware?

There will be plenty of folks to help you when you get to that next step.

1 Like

Hey Jim, thanks for your response. PRIMO build 36x X 48y I used skr pro 1.2 board and the tft35. All done in the last week full build completed in one week. First runs were great though. No control issues from Marlin screen (Knob control) my touch controls just do not match the pictures in V1 instruction photos. I downloaded the firmware from links on the V1 pages linking to firmware. I’ve built multiple Voron printers but this has been a challenge in terms of community info. Amazing work by Ryan @vicious1 but I am struggling to find finishing info lol.

3 Likes

@MakerJim board and screen bought from Biqu didn’t realize shop existed at the time. Did recently order touch plate and bits from the shop though.

@MakerJim this is the screen i expected but not what I see in my build. Thanks

OK, best next step is to flash the V1 firmware to the TFT.

File is here:
https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware/releases/download/3-2023/CNC.TFT.Package.zip

That’s the firmware I tried. Multiple times. Works great in “Marlin Mode” but once I hold knob down and switch to touch screen it is a 3 d printer interface not CNC interface. I’ll post what I actually see in touch screen mode tomorrow when I am back in my shop.

That was from a few years back, we do not run that anymore. All the functionality is still there just might be a click deeper.

Thanks. I’ll look into it more. I’ve just been using marlin mode with USB cable.

In Marlin mode, the screen SD card isn’t read. It is the microsd card on the skr pro itself. This was changed to support the wifi interface, which can run without the screen, and Marlin can only be configured for one port.

The tft mode can play files from the screen sd card. Even though it says “print”.

1 Like

Thanks makes sense.