Z crash with A motor mount

G’day all,

Been building a MP3DP v4 over the last few months (after building a Primo). Thoroughly enjoying the build and the problem solving. Forum has been a great help.
Im curently in the process of getting my configs all set up corectly while i wait for my bed and heater to arrive.
Issue im having that i cant find a solution too is the front left Z mount crashes with the A motor mount when homing. I saw someone else had this issue but cant find the post.
Photos attached (ignore the mess still lots of tidying to do)

Thanks for a great product really looking forward to having this thing running.
Tim.

4 Likes

Is the z motor post in the same place relative on each side. I have had issues with mybability to read my measuring tape in the past and wasted whole sheets of stuff.

@Jonathjon you are being summoned to solve your problem again. :smile:

1 Like

I’m the last person that needs to give advice on one of these lol. I’ve had every issue in the book and then some new ones too lol. Pretty sure @vicious1 cringes any time he sees my name pop up in conjunction with a V4 lol

But for me it was my belts were just a touch too short. Added just enough length to get them tensioned with the x/y motors far enough to clear the z

3 Likes

Thanks Guys,

Yep you were right @Jonathjon it was belts too short. Dont know why my brain insisted on having that extra room to tension the belts.
Now back to getting the configs right.

Thanks again

1 Like

Dang!! I was actually right on a V4! Woohoo!!! LOL.

Glad you got it fixed. They are awesome printers once you get them dialed in. Hopefully I’ll be able to get mine even more dialed in when I get back in town

4 Likes

This is why you are qualified to help. You’ve experienced the trouble so you recognize it.

4 Likes