Z - axis unstoppable, out of control

yeap.
tried to do my squaring and ran into the next snag. ( i clicked on the SKR pro link somewhere and had a friend print the MINI/rambo case, instead of the main one.)
so first power disconnected at the molex b/c there’s no strain relief on the wires and the pins are super lose.
then power disconnected on the battery brick when it moved too far.
i got closer and closer though.
initial squareness shows me over an inch out. (i’m home alone so hard to make it hit the spot right, on a 1030mm Y x 1200mm square. )
I may just do the strut plate first then care about that setup part.

also, Z is out by a full mm on thefurthest from my initial set point. which tells me my table is not flat at all.

then i set home accidentally the far side of the square. since home in the marlin is not go home but set home. (whoops) and my marlin will not let me control to negative values.
I also cannot get it to get negative with the repetier host. So i g uess i need to shut it off and slowly pull it back over this way.

2 Likes

Well sounds like you have made some progress.
How was the crown print that’s actually a pretty great draw bc it shows if your accurate etc.
I would do a couple of those before I started the struts. You don’t want to have trapezoid struts.

2 Likes

I am not using touch plates.
Start of gcode looks like this:

these are the settings I am using in Estlcam

I tried my best to follow tutorial in docs, these settings in Estlcam looks different from what is in tutorial, which is this:

I am not reseting and don’t know how to do that. How should I reset?

Martin,
add this line of code (highlighted yellow)

with this the cnc sets where it is as zero, then moves up to z2 from there to move before coming back down. In this case if you start with the pen touching the paper it will work.

@Waspjr i’ll start a different thread. Crown looks great, i have some z elevation issues with the table apparently so one side is a bit “slurred” because the pen dragged (one cable tie and blue tape).

I intend to “pen” the strut to see how it looks before i cut.

4 Likes

IT WORKED!!!

Thank You and everybody else for suggestions. Now I have beautiful crown.

1 Like