YouTube channel helps to win over another new LowRider maker!

2 Likes

Nice! So awesome to see more people drawn to passions like this by fantastic content on YouTube. Well done!

1 Like

Doug, small question, and please take it at face value.

How many (if any), upgrades did you find required for those printers?
And/or how much time did you need to spend to get them dialed in?

1 Like

The B1 comes with a socket to make it easy to add a BLtouch. I did add a BLtouch to each of my B1’s. The big brother, the B1-SE, comes with a BLtouch already installed I think. Other than that, they don’t really need any upgrades to work great. I was able to get them dialed in easily and quickly. I am so impressed with them.

Whenever owners of Creality Ender 3’s or Ender 3-v2’s want a better control board for the Creality Ender — their most popular choice is a BigTreeTech board. BIQU and BigTreeTech are one of the same. The BigTreeTech board that people buy to upgrade an Ender 3 is what comes stock on a BIQU B1.

Similarly, whenever Creality owners want to upgrade the touchscreen of their Ender, the touchscreen they go with most often is the BigTreeTech TFT35, which is what comes stock on the B1.

In a similar vein, whenever Creality owners want to upgrade their print bed, their most common upgrade choice is to one with a magnetic sheet and a flex-steel nonstick bed, which is what comes stock on the B1.

For the longest time I used them with the stock 0.4 mm nozzle. Eventually I upgraded about half of them to a 0.6 mm nozzle, but I still use the stock hotend on all of them. I am using the stock board, the stock screen, the stock hotend, the stock extruder, the stock cooling fans, you name it.