Hi everyone. been a long time since I joined. Finally build the lowrider v4 over the last couple of months. Today was the big day(for me anyway) to start configuring/testing with my new buddy(Chat).
Z= all good, X= all good, Y= not so good.
Running the Jackpot3 with FluidNC v3.9.9
First the one motor whent backwards while the other one whent forward . With the help of my new buddy who wrote my yamil for me. We sorted that out in the yaml file. Start the Y homing and it triggered the limit switches(I have the long blade ones). and then it did not want to move back. I moved it back by hand(the power was off). Tried again and then the hours of headache started. Everytime one of the motors will go passed the trigger point and then the “grrrr” wil start. I even messured the distance from the end of my runway to the gantry to make sure they where even from the limit switches. When one of them trigger the switch it will continue and the opposite one(sometimes not close to the switch) will stop. Any help or direction will be highly appreciated.
You can also just flip the stepper leads around to reverse the direction of the motor that’s going backwards. Maybe try screwing endstop triggers in more as suggested above, flip the stepper plug around and going back to the default config. To start again.
Check limit switch wiring too to make sure they are paired to the correct stepper ie. Y max stepper with y max limit switch.
Show us with it engaging the end stop on the Y min side. Does it defs click the limit switch or does the switch just get slightly nudged. Did you run $limits and trigger them to confirm their status is being read correctly?
Think I found my problem. I was trying to home it from about 50-100mm away. I moved it to 400-500mm away and it worked but now after the two touches it stayed switched. I did ran the $x command to release it.
So something is still not right if it consistently won’t home from that close. Can you post your config.yaml so we can check? I would again recommend switching back to the default config and flipping the stepper switches to reverse the direction. That way for any future issues it’s easy to diagnose rather than sifting through the changes.
Edit: I just looked at your first pictures again. Why are the limit switches bent 90 degrees? Can you show a clearer picture of them? The first pic shows the switch is past the limit screw without triggering? How can the lever arm trigger the switch if it’s out so far?