X axis belt tensioner redesign?

Does anybody know of an alternate design to the standard LR3 X Axis belt tensioner? I have always had a lot of issues with using it (coming loose during cuts, etc).

Im a total noob, but it seems like there could be a better way here, if even flipping the nut access to the flip side for better access?

As always your help is grealty appreciated.

only time I have ever had one come loose I had put the belt too tight and the screw wasn’t long enough to make it to the nut inside. Do you have any pics of how you have yours mounted? lets see if we can come up with a fix with the current design. Not many if any have had issues with that part, other than me and that was because of some custom front struts with acrylic that all ended up too thick. but had nothing to do with it not holding like you are seeing.

I mirrored both stubs and the tensioner in Fusion 360 as well as created a small block that I attached to the gantry for the X-axis limit switch to hit.

If the belt does come loose at least it won’t affect your homing.

The only issue I’ve had was when I used an electric screwdriver on the very first assembly. The friction generated caused the nyloc insert to melt so it couldn’t be adjusted and striped out of the block.