Would this be too much for an MPCNC to machine?

the dimensions are roughly
2-3/16" x 3/16" x 1/8"
55.5mm/4.75mm/3.175mm

holes should be around 2.2-2.5mm, it needs to be made from steel (I need it to be ferromagnetic, brass or aluminum wouldn’t work) does the MPCNC has a shot at making something like this?, I don’t need hardened steel and the dimensions are kinda small, hope to hear from people if this is possible to know if I need to outsource this part or know if it can be produced in-house, it doesn’t need to be anything hardened, I would most likely choose a low carbon hot rolled steel from any local supplier.

now that I think of, I could always just index the holes and then use the drill press afterward, but I DO need the outer dimensions to be accurate, handmaking those is just way too much of a pain.

1 Like

This will be very hard to achieve and will definitely need cooling, the right tools and a lot of trial and error. It might be cheaper to have them cut.

Possible, I’d say yes.

Easy is a definite no.

The small holes are a problem, because they require a small tool. Index and drill press still requires a small tool. Maybe a V bit could do it.

Small tools are of course weaker. If those holes were larger than 6.35mm / ¼" then thst would actually be easier, because you get a bit more leeway with the larger tool.

A proper spindle would do better than the woodworking routers that most of us use, because it can turn slower with power, and allow you to use more appropriate mills for steel. Use an appropriate spindle, and add cooling and that should be doable, even with the small holes. (There is nothing like that “ping” noise that a breaking end mill makes.)