Would running multiple jackpot boards in a room impact eachother?

I am planning out how I could build and run 3 lowrider 3’s in a room together. I have lots of space so I think I’ll have them side by side each on a torsion box with one big dust collection and power setup running overtop.

My concern is if I have 3 jackpot boards trying to run at the same time how will the wifi function work if they have the same name and config. Is there a smarter way I could independently control each machine without using 3 different boards or is there a better board anyone would suggest for this use?

names won’t really matter, but I’d change them to 1,2,3 or something.
Definitely want them on their own little network
Otherwise, it should work as well as having any three devices on your network.
And if that’s a problem, you can run them all in “AP” mode, which will be a pain to manage from a single device, like a tablet, because they’ll each have their own sub-net you’ll need to connect to each time.

Just try it out. There’s no technical problem with what you’re wanting to do. But, change the names, or you won’t be able to distinguish between them yourself.

1 Like

Doesn’t @Jonathjon run two at the same time?

2 Likes

I run 3 n the same Garage all within 10 feet of each other with no problems at all

2 Likes

As long as you use different identifiers for the wifi network with each you wont have any trouble. I use mines with usb/serial com virtual to use the with wifi and lightburn each with a different port for my co2 diode and cnc and never had an issue

And there is also the possibility of running via usb and not even using wifi.

Where should I start if I want to learn how to make that happen? Would it work with the jackpot boards and what software would I use to communicate with the machine?

Depends on what you want to do. Universal gcode sender works well.

Truthfully i probably would only do that if you have problems.

Of the 3 I run only one of them runs over USB, and that’s controlled by lighburn to run my laser. The 2 on the LR3s both run over WIFI in STA mode and do great. I have them set up with static IP addresses so its easy to get to.

1 Like