Wiring the power supply, help

I’m in the same boat. Do I use the power brick and that funky wiring adapter to connect both motors and board or do I need to purchase a different power supply? What are the three wires that were included in the SKR Pro box? I’m totally confused.

Did you see the skr pro page in the instructions?

Don’t use the adapter, the wires are included for those whom buy the boards from me for other machines. You will use one as a jumper between the two power rails as shown.

Please always start your own topic, the last one was a year old and a differnt issue.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I just read the sky pro page again and see nothing about power connections. The picture shows two pairs connected to both the board power and the motor power, but no termination on the other end. This is why I’m confused. I still done know what you are taking about when you mention the jumper between the two power rails. There is no picture that I can find in the SKR Pro section that shows how the connection is made between the included power brick and the board. Sorry may, but I’m lost. Picture included is where I’m referencing. Also, thanks for the posting advice. Don’t want to screw things up.

Hello @willie, welcome! Does this wiring clip help? V1E LowRider 3 CNC, SKR Pro 1.2 Case Wiring, Routing Power

2 Likes

OK, that helps. Use one pair as a jumper between the board and motor power and then go from one pair to the power supply. I seriously did not see this in the docs or maybe I’m just too simple minded. Is my assumption right and if so, thanks a ton for the quick response.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Note that the clip shows a 5.5mm DC Power Female Plug Jack Adapter Connector being used. The V1E LR3 Kit used to include a 12V Power Adapter with a Jack Adapter. Since then, I think V1E Kits have 24V Power Adapters that don’t have a Jack Adapter Connecter, instead there’s just the live and neutral wires.

You can connect these directly to a connector like the Wago 221-413 in the clip. Or use pigtail/jumper wires between Motor_Pow and Power screw terminals.

Hmm, I see what you’re saying, I just dug around SKR Pro - V1 Engineering Documentation there’s a lot of info there, but searching the forum for SKR Power Jumper will hopefully help fill in some gaps not covered by the docs. Hope that helps, cheers!

2 Likes

This was a huge help. Great forum, love this stuff. Have a fantastic evening.

3 Likes

If using power adapter without a jack connector… I’ve noticed a few folks get tripped up by +ve and -ve polarity of the power adapter wires not matching what they’d intuitively expect given the wires’ colors. So…

Recommend checking their polarity with a multimeter before wiring up power to the board. This is where you inform me that you have a Phd in electrical engineering :slight_smile: Mentioning to help future readers.

Good luck with your build. Cheers!

1 Like