Win a Kobalt Router #4 & #5

1- At this time, only US / Canada shipping is available.
2- One entry per person per contest (see #4). This is will be winners #4 & #5
3- JRFrye, K Cummins, David Walling, can’t win another.
4- Patreon and Printables club members are allowed two entries, they must be consecutive posts.

Winner will be picked at 8PM Pacific, 11/5/23

To enter this weekend’s raffle you need to use a CNC machine to make a Kobalt logo, Just the stylized “O”, The Fancy"K", or the whole thing. You can plot it out, laser, carve or just cut it out. OR use The Sandify and import the DXF on your Sand Table (ZenXY or Other), or you can even 3D print a nice Kobalt logo. Have fun, get dirty!
Post your pictures here!

File (thanks Doug), https://forum.v1e.com/uploads/short-url/zsnCpZ9vCISqqnHuqwyRFuKCZr7.dxf

Do not post anything other than your entry, no tangents in this thread.** :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Logo and modified vectors: Kobalt router - #313 by DougJoseph

5 Likes

First entry. The first thing I cut with the AMB. :heart:

6 Likes

Patreon entry. :smile: Video of the cut so there is something new after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It ain’t pretty , but…

This is my very first effort at using the LR3 to actually create something. I had to scramble to get this together in time for the contest, so the usual learning curves of EstlCAM, homing, setting Z=0, etc. were vastly accelerated. Consider this my “Crown”.

The “table” is a couple of very warped pieces of 3/4" ply from the scrap bin with little to no supports underneath, so the resulting gaps should go away once I get a better base.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Kobalt logo pencil plot

9 Likes

4 Likes

That was fun! Here’s my first attempt at a V-bit. Needed to refine the logo a bit.

Rules Clarification: Do you need a Saturday project and a Sunday project, or does one project enter both days?

*Ryan Edit - One entry is good for both days. On Sunday I will draw two random numbers.

4 Likes

Thank you - I joined Patreon as well!

2 Likes

Disregard if not allowed. I am in the building phase of my MPCNC and don’t yet have a router. 3D printed a logo

• Ryan edit - Okay, 3D prints count.
7 Likes

4 Likes

Minion KoBalt

While not done on a V1E MPCNC, it was the CNC I had running.

4 Likes

First time using color core. Got some scraps for cheap. Bottom is 6° vbit. Thought I could do better with a 3mm 30° but but that just blends the colors

7 Likes

i gave the logo a shot!

5 Likes

second entry, i got a printables account !

Ryan - Edit - Do you have a Printable’s Club membership (username?) or just a Printables account? This second entry might be void.

2 Likes

Just in case you think I am not playing along…

5 Likes

5 Likes

Nothing like a contest to get me to finally cut something with my MPCNC since upgrading to the Primo. This bigger router is causing my core to fall more easily. Looks like I need a longer pause between my tool changes.

6 Likes

60* v-bit, no fixed depth. Maybe would recommend setting one for the next person. Did some weird stuff on the logo.

5 Likes