Which software for 3D CAM?

I am a little lost and hope to find some input.
I made my first successfull cuts with the primo and estlcam (2D - dxf created with fusion360) and I am very happy with this so far.
Now I want to try some “real” 3D and 2 sided milling. I created a Modell with fusion again, but the 3d part of estlcam is not very intuitive. So I don’t really feel like going this way. The fusion360 cam Module looks very nice, with simulation and everything. But as far as I understood CAM is currently broken for the mpcnc with the new introduced limitations in the free version. The paid version is way out of budget.

What do you use for cam for 3d milling?

Not true. Many of the issues can now be overcome using this enhanced Post Processor.

1 Like

I would throw in kiri:moto as well. There are some youtube videos showing double sided milling.

Thanks to both off you. I will look into both options, i wasn’t aware that fusion is working again :slight_smile:

I find this software is very easy to use so far.
I have not attempted a full 3d model yet, but he has videos explaining how to do so.
There is a hobby license that is the full software for a lower price https://www.deskproto.com/