Which one Catan pieces

If you have 30A avaulable, you’ll be fine. So you need PC9 to the laser PWM, +12V and ground from your supply.

1 Like

electronics is defently not on my field. So here is pics how did I wire these

On the Extension 1 header, ground and PC9 are right next to each other in the corner (top right if the USB header is pointing down, IIRC.) A 2 pin Dupont connector there. That should go to the PWM and ground connection on the laser. These can be thinner wire (24-26 AWG ok) since they dont carry much power. Sonce you are running the laser from the same supply as ground, it would be a better idea to leave the ground connection off. Installing it here makes for a possible ground loop, which can pick up all kinds of EMI problems. This ground is only necessary if your power for the board is separate from the laser power, so a single Dupont pin on PC9 is better in this situation. Double if you use a separate power supply.

From your power supply, I would connect to an unused pair of power and ground and run 2 wires there to +12V and ground at the laser. Here I would want to use at least 20 AWG wire, and I would probably use 18 AWG wire. Thus is a bit harder to get to a JST XH connector, but worthwhile. NEJE lasers have that connection board which has spade terminals, which is nice.

If your laser only has 3 wire connectors, run power and ground from your power supply, and the PWM to pin PC9. In this case with a separate power supply, I would double the ground back to the pin next to PC9.

Some of this doesn’t apply to you specifically, but I include for others who may read this.

It’s been a while, but just a comment about the size of the print.

When I’ve wanted to CNC something deeper than any bit I own, I’ve used 1/4" or 1/2" material and have cut the part horizontally into layers. Then glued them up when done.

2 Likes

That can save a ton of time vs pocketing. I still want to make a 35" moon just to hang on the wall and do three layers of gray. It would take days to pocket it. But cutting the pieces is NBD. I just got stuck on deciding how to align the bits. I should just do dowels.

2 Likes

I’ve used really long threaded rod to hold layers together. I used them with pieces of steel on both ends as the clamps to hold everything together while the glue dried. Then I removed the rods.

2 Likes