Where should I store the tools list for Estlcam 12

I currently store everything that is connected to Estlcam 12 in program data > Estlcam> V12
That way I know where everything is, but Estlcam doesn’t seem to know as I have to find it before opening each time that I need to use it. There must be a place that Estlcam uses for tools other than that directory, but I have not been able to find it.
Also when starting Estlcam a message partly hidden by the Estlcam logo and written in German may be telling something about that, however I have not been able to read it all and it is not in English, so I am not sure what it is about.

Tools/setup. Tried specifying your location here?

1 Like

You also have to define the tool list as the standard list once as far as I know. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Mike, I missed that part.

Yes I have done that, but I have a couple of lists that I use, one for wood stuff and the other for aluminium, so although I have a default I sometimes need to change from one to the other.
What Mike has pointed out should fix the issue, I missed that while setting up.

Thanks Guys.

No, still not working as expected. I saved the default tool location folder and the default list loads, but if I want to change to another tool list the folder that the working document is in opens, which doesn’t hold any of the tool lists. I still have to navigate to programdata > Estlcam > V12 > Tools to find my tool lists.

I found out how to do it. There are parameter settings in the tool list that allows different materials to be selected.
There is a video available in German that can be found in the tool list help, and I have made an English translated subtitle file for that video that can be played along with the video if in the same directory as the video.
Estlcam Kurzerklärung Parametersätz.zip (3.2 KB)

1 Like

Slightly off topic, but you’ve motivated me to revisit subtitled versions of Christians videos. I had dropped the idea after getting frustrated with the online subtitle tools and translations. I’ve solved the first with yt2srt (GitHub - vitorfs/yt2srt: Convert YouTube transcriptions to .srt files) and Google translate seems to be better than Firefox, but the output still needs editing (this one wasn’t).

1 Like

If I had the time I’d do it as a native German and English teacher. But not enough time, sorry. :frowning:

I saved the transcript in German from the YouTube video and then got Google translate to convert to English, leaving all the time stamps in place.
Then I used a program GitHub - SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit: the subtitle editor :) to make the srt file and also to check the spelling as there were some bad mistakes in the text file from Google translate.
The same program that made the srt file can also burn the subtitle into the video file, I have done that as well, but it is a bit too big to upload here.
I also looked at some AI programs that can do German to English audio translation, but it was bit out of my depth and also expensive and demos only were short or have watermarks.

If you have some spare time on your hands, you now know what to do. It would be invaluable for old guys like me that don’t know enough yet.

1 Like

I may look into that, we need something better than Google translating the transcript. I revisited the one I gave up on and the translation is a mess from all the sources I tried (lower quality audio?). Having to do hours of back and forth between the video and text is just too much work.