Whats the estimated price for the primo and the lowrider v3?

Whats the estimated price for the primo and the lowrider v3? I read its about 500€ for the mpcnc primo and 900€ for the lowrider v3? What were the costs for your mpcnc/lowrider? (Full price, i dont have anything, not even a spindel)

Hi Mohre. Welcome to the forum.

I’m sure people could throw some numbers around, but there are a large number of factors that impact the final price. This is compounded by you quoting in euros, indicating you are in Europe. Some of the factors:

• What is the size of the machine you will be building?
  • Are you going to use conduit or stainless-steel tubing or DOM tubing? What is the local cost for these items?
  • Are you purchasing a kit from V1/Ryan or locally sourcing your parts?
  • If purchasing from Ryan, what is the import duty on the package?
  • Do you need to include the cost of constructing the table as well? The Lowrider in particular needs a flat table. Many builders make a custom torsion table.
  • What electronics do you plan to use?
  • What router or spindle do you plan to use?
  • Are you going to 3D print your own parts?
  • Etc.

Ryan includes a parts/materials list for both machines. A starting point would be to spend an evening costing out the parts in a spreadsheet using the local prices. If you have completed lists, you can post them back here and get feedback…perhaps even from someone who lives in your area and therefore is aware of the supplies in your area.

Your 500€ converts to about $550 USD. My guess is that, if you were building the machine in the US with US supplies and costs, you could build a smaller machine using conduit for this price. The router would be extra.

The 900€ feels a bit high for a Lowrider (not counting the router), but maybe not if you include the cost of a custom table.

Hi, I built the Primo 2.5 years ago and now upgraded to a Lowrider. These are the screenshots of my cost, it shows you how much the Primo was 2.5 years ago including all the electronic tools needed that I didn’t have before and the cost for the LR3 as an upgrade or if I bought everything. To be considered: I always used stainless steel, I used a board from Arduinoclub and now the Open CNC Shield 2 with TB6600 drivers, which is a bit more expensive. If I hadn’t bought the drivers for the Primo, I might have just bought those tiny pluggable drivers all the other kids are using. :smiley: A lot easier to connect.

1 Like

All in (excluding a few free 2x4s for the table since they were in my garage) was $657. (Bought over the last month or so)

This includes the primo kit, skr pro+tft, table, Makita router (used), and some router bits. 24x24 working area using 3/4" EMT.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your pricepoints! Seems like it varys a lot from builder to builder

1 Like