What I woke up to this morning after 30 hours

The ender gets a lot of online hate, but I thought this was pretty flawless. Printed 70-30-70 first time.

Nice core!!

I totally agree, the Ender is a highly unappreciated machine. Some of my best prints have come off an Ender 3 and Ender 5. That being said they didn’t come off quickly, but they were strong and accurate.

I always laugh when people complain about how long a print takes on their ā€œinsert favorite brand hereā€ new fancy printer takes. They have no idea how it was when the Ender was the best you could get for a reasonable price lol. Nothing at all wrong with printing on an old ender 3 at all! That core looks great!

My Ender 3 Pro was great for years. Prints always looked good.

I never had any of the problems people complained about, but I also didn’t put a bunch of mods on it.

The only issue I ever had with it, was that all the prints took

I just got some filament to print some repair parts on my ender 3 for my mpcnc. >t will be hours but it gets there very reliably

LOL

Back in the day, most frustrating print I recall, a nearly full volume Lulzbot AO-101 print failed at about hour 40 of an estimated 48 hour print; suddenly strapped off the bed with no prior hints of lifting…

I thought that print was going great, the one before it took 60. I thought I’d found settings to speed it up.

Wanted to crush that printer …. But adjusted it and started over.

it always makes me smile that no matter how cheap 3d printers get someone always comes along and asks ā€˜Whats the best printer I can get for <100-200bux less than the cheapest decent printer>’

I have an Ender 3 that I’ve messed with a little, dual Z drives and a cheap Creality direct drive extruder, and a K1Max. If I want it fast or big I use the Max. If I want it nice I use the old Ender.