What have you created with your MPCNC?

No, I use a larger router with a cove bit and do that part by hand

I am looking help with setting up my mpcnc machine to do 2D cutting using the simplistic software you can suggest. I have the standard Mega Ramps Marlin Repetier setup. I find Estlcam very confusing and poorly documented. I would like to try Tinkercad first and move up to Fusion 360 in the future. Does anyone know step by step instructions to set up Tinkercad to MPCNC as shipped? Should I change the Arduino board and Firmware to be compatible with Tinkercad? Or do you suggest a different approach to be able to draw a pattern and have my router cut it out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Estlcam has information boxes on every input box if you hover your mouse on it. Unfortunately I have found it to be far and away the least complicated CAM software. I have a few tutorials up in writing and “some old guy coding” on youtube has step by step videos using a few different software suites with the MPCNC. Maybe one of them will catch your eye a little more.

love the work guys wish you guys would share more its awesome! love that big welcome sign… what size bed did you cut that on?

As far as simple software for my CNC projects I use Inkscape for all the design work, and then use jscut (www.jscut.org) for the CAM part of it. Both of these are free and they play extremely well together.

I have some tutorials on this for CNC stuff on my YouTube Channel at “drez20001” This was an easy project using both Inkscape and jscut. This was cut on a small 3040 CNC but the fundamentals for the design and G-code generation would be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=PDYCpWLUhEo

Dan

Hi all,

I am new to MPCNC. Just started writing and testing using pen :). I saw great job you have done and I still need to learn a lot. Currently waiting for laser, printing meantime Dremel mount and would like to install V6 E3D extruder. Will try to engrave something , perhaps dragonfly. Which bits you use ? For engraving a Dremel bit is OK?