Well there's your problem (Manta MP8)

I was getting back to the project, so I powered up the LR3 and updated the OS and Klipper. After putting a grueling 10 minutes of work it’s was time for a lunch break. After lunch I went to log back into Klipper and its not there. Go look at the board and powers on but no lights. On closer inspection S1G diode blew up. The LR3 was at rest with no power going to the servos. Weird…

Bummer! What power supply are you using, and if you disconnect it what output voltage do you see on it?

I was using the 24v power supply I got from V1. Still reads a steady 24v. All the fuses are still good too. We’ll see what BigTreeTech has to say, but I’ll probley order an another one.

do you need all 8? If not, and they make you repurchase, you could get Ryans new board. It is capable of 6!

This is the second or third Manta board that’s blown up on this site. I hope it’s not contagious :slight_smile:

That’s a great idea! Could be time to end my Klipper experiment.

1 Like

Klipper is awesome for printer, but they even say on website not really designed 4 cnc. I have been happy with my printers on it so far. I think you will be happier with fluidnc.