Website refresh

I might be able to download only the images linked in the docs. I can try after this crazy weekend.

1 Like

That would be awesome, but no rush I am chipping away at all sorts of things.

1 Like

I am going to move the follow up from this (the discussion about moving the images) to this github issue on the docs:

If you’re interested, pop in there.

2 Likes

I went thru my designs on thingiverse, printables & my youtube videos & changed the links I had from the old site to the new site. I even found one link to the older vicious1.com site. Think I got all or most of my links changed. I did notice that the vicious1.com site still redirects to https://www.v1engineering.com

3 Likes

Awesome!

Yeah, I have a pile of domain names, I have been changing the redirects one at a time to try to catch any issues that might pop up. I think you are right the I don’t think any of the old ones should be an issue, I will swap them all over this evening. v1engineering will be the last to get the redirect, probably a week or two.

2 Likes

Is this the right place to alert to a minor site glitch found?

On my forum account preferences, there are buttons to connect other accounts.

I clicked to connect my Patreon, and I got an error.

Below is a screen shot of the page with the button and the error.

Shoot I thought I got all of those.

Let me double-check the Patreon one.

Thank you!

1 Like

That was not an easy one, when you get a chance will you tell me if it works now? I don’t think mine will work as a test.

1 Like

Oops, it looks like it worked. Now I have a logo on my avatar.

Account settings, flair lets you turn it on or off, that is cool. We need some other flair.

1 Like

15 piece minimum.

flair-office-space

3 Likes

That was an awesome cult classic!

2 Likes

Now I feel old.

Tell me about it!

1 Like

Well, I was 15 there and don‘t know it. -_-

1 Like

Feeling even older now… :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

My favorite scene :

:joy:

3 Likes

I used to have that line as text message alert!

Okay, just a heads up.

I think I am going to start redirecting v1engineering.com to v1e.com in a little bit here. Docs.v1engineeing and forum.v1engineering will redirect eventually but could take a while .

If you have any issues forum.v1e.com should still work fine, I just have a feeling most of you are still using old links/bookmarks that are being redirected, they are going to not work for a while, while I switch name servers.

2 Likes

Just an FYI - automatic redirects from docs.v1engineering.com aren’t working as of about 9:30 Central time today.

Directly navigating to docs.v1e.com does work, but clicking on images to bring up the high-res version fails with a 404 - for example https://docs.v1e.com/img/lr3/LR3%20(55).jpg

Thank you, it was a spectacular fail. Lessons were learned.

Everything should be back to the way it was. I need to regroup and figure out some solutions. Google’s name server settings have changed and I could not get the subdomains to forward/path forward like I wanted. All the info I had on deck was from a year or two back and the Google settings pages have all changed and the forwarding is not straight forward any longer. I have a Google tech hopefully helping me now. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes