Waste from flooring made into gifts

I love taking something that was headed for the waste bin and making something useful out of it. I’m making gifts for church folks using flooring scraps as the material!

20 Likes

Production!

2 Likes

I’ve set a goal of making 48 gifts between now and Sunday. It’s on!

4 Likes

Whoa!?!! That could of made a heck of a time lapse with like the Benny hill music behind it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

To cut these to prep them, I’m using a common table saw and/or my wall mount “panel saw” rig. To engrave the artwork on them, I’m using my 100W CO2 laser. That laser has become a workhorse part of my design studio/workshop. I bought it as a “refurbished / like new” purchase from OMTech. It actually was not “like new” and had quite a few issues I had to work through, but to their credit they worked with me on it all. I complained about all issues, documenting with video, etc. Between them giving me a partial refund, and sending me a variety of needed replacement parts, including a new laser tube, I finally got it running good. One of the issues was the main lens was upside down. This was in addition to the tube being in need of replacement.

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

That’s a fantastic way to repurpose and be creative! Transforming flooring scraps into meaningful gifts for your church community is not only eco-friendly but also showcases your resourcefulness and thoughtfulness. Your efforts will surely be appreciated, and the gifts will carry extra meaning knowing they were made with care and purpose.

1 Like

The proper name is “Yakkity Sax”… C’mon, get with it…

And it requires partially clothed nubiles in any timelapse, so it wouldn’t really fly here, now would it?

I really like the last one.
Great job!

1 Like

I have seen it before, but it still boggles my mind how the CO2 laser does not leave black charred engravings but the diode laser does. That breaks my brain.

1 Like

He probably uses magnets or something…

My theory is that it is charred, but the leftover burnt carbon is only visible in infrared.

Feel Me Think About It GIF - Feel Me Think About It Meme GIFs

1 Like

I have been wanting to do something like that. Take trash and make it useful. (Still playing with my LR2)

1 Like

Gave them out this past Sunday! They were a big hit!

3 Likes

I made about 50 gifts — in the same week our third grand baby was born, so it was a challenge.

2 Likes