VFD cables

I will soon be connecting my Estlcam controlled milling machine to a VFD and spindle.
What are the recommended cables to use for this connection and what have been found satisfactory to stop any interference to the electronics as I found the Estlcam is rather sensitive to EMI.

I’m running my Jackpot with an RS485 break out board to the VFD for my spindle. I run it with Shielded cat6 cable and it does good.

Can you describe the cable Jonathon, it is shielded I guess on the outside, maybe the shielding is also on the individual wires? There are so many different types it has me a bit confused.
My other machine when I bought the VFD came with cable, but that was a long time ago and to find out what it is I would have to strip down the machine and check it out visually.
I have no cable with my current VFD, so I need to purchase some.

Are you looking for wire from the VFD to the spindle or the wire from the controller to the VFD? The wire I mentioned I used from the controller to the VFD…

Shielded Cat6 Cable

VFD to Spindle Motor Wire

VFD to spindle.
Thanks for that Jonathan, yes it brings back memories of what I used about 7 years ago, hopefully I still have some left at the old workshop, otherwise I will have to buy again.
Thanks for the links also.

1 Like