Vectric Aspire or Vectric Vcarve pro

Lol no im not Walter. Just sharing the info.
Im transparent so just thought I’d pass on the info I was told. Up to you if you wanna buy it or not :slight_smile:

VcarvePro CAN do a lot of 3D model work by combining existing models you may find in their included clipart library, or elsewhwere, or that you make with other CAD software. It just lacks the artist tools for sculpting your own models.
But with VcarvePro you can do elaborate 3D carvings, such as raised lettering that follows the surface of a shape, like this test cut:
Google Photos
Here I combined a dome, a mouse cartoon, and lettering.

I discourage anyone from buying shady copies of Vectric software. They put a lot of work into creating their products and I feel they are well worth the money. And if you have a real license, you get personal support by email usually in one day.

4 Likes

Yessir!! I was aware of this and I try to pass it along as well. There are a lot of folks out there stating you can’t to 3D with Pro/Desktop which is a bit misleading. You can do all sorts of 3D cuts in Pro/Desktop by importing outside models (of which you are limited to importing ONLY ONE outside model) and do some very amazing and elaborate carves. I did the below one with Desktop with an imported model:
Lets Ride finished (EDIT: This was cut on my Bob’s EVO 5).

I should have clarified, as you said, that Aspire had the tools to allow you to create your own from scratch. You are also correct, and I did forget that part, of using the VECTRIC provided clipart/models, as well as some models from their affiliate (I forget the name of it, but they have fantastic models), you can use multiple models and combine them. Thanks for that reminder and for putting it out there.

As for paying for Vectric software, the only LEGIT place to buy it is from Vectric. The Ebay and Etsy listings are usually scams, and you’ll end up paying for it in the long run. The reason you can’t “connect online” with that copy is because Vectric will flag it (as well as you can only have one licensed copy connected online at a time. If he has the true copy, if you log in, it will get flagged. Now what to look for in some of those listings is Vectric will allow a ONE TIME License transfer (that will cost you $50 USD), and there are ways to verify with Vectric if it is a legit, licensed copy. And yes, as far as I have learned, there were sigificant improvements and added capabilities from 9.x to 10.x/11.x.

3 Likes

We rarely moderate anything here. But cracked software is probably over the line. It could put V1 at risk. I removed the links. If @vicious1 wants them back, I can put them back. But you all can do the googling to find them if you want to find them yourself.

My personal opinion is: Pay the developers for their work. Otherwise, find an open source alternative. If you are going to use cracked software, definitely don’t pay anyone for it.

6 Likes

I highly suggest asking Aspire if this seller has legit keys. If he does I suspect they would not care if he sells them, but if these are not legit keys I am sure they would like to remove them as fast as possible.

I get a few private emails a year with people offering cracks to me for this so I can help them. I am just not for this type of thing around here. If you want a deal on aspire’s software, I talked to them in person at a maker faire, they offered group buy discounts at that time. We could ask about that and I could facilitate if you wanted a legit copy.

So before posting something like this please make sure it is legit.

Agreed.

2 Likes

Ok so I will delete the post. I’m in no way affiliated with this, just thought I’d pass on what I was told. It did seem a bit to good to be true, so to be safe, I have deleted the post. Apologies if I have offended anyone

2 Likes

Don’t worry. :slight_smile: It’s good you listened to reason. The general rule of thumb is: If something looks too good to be true it is too good to be true. :smiley: