V1 tool library

Has anyone created a fusion tool library for the bits sold at the v1 website? Figured it would be a great benefit for the website and forum. Might also help with some problem solving.

I don’t think so. Might just be me, but it seems like fusion is on the rise around here, so maybe it could be useful. With the recent update to the tools, though, there are options for speeds and feeds…like options for the options. I’ve got a profile for slotting and one for clearing for most of my tools, and I’ll need to go back and create others so I have some appropriate to the lowrider, some to the mpcnc.
And I think that’s where we run into problems. I think most of the really good stuff is probably going to vary by machine and user comfort. Maybe setting up the dimensions would be a welcome shortcut for some, though. Ryan already has some recommendations for feeds and doc on the milling basics page. Would you intend to start with that?

Speeds and feeds will be different for every machine. Milling basics page is a good start though.

Okay, that’s pretty cool, it auto linked the milling page.

1 Like

We’d all want to set our own feeds and speeds, but we could at least share the tools with proper dimensions. Pre-load the toolset with extremely slow speeds and remind people they need to adjust them to their own specs based on their machine.

I’ve been slowly building a library, but the only two specs I’ve been setting correctly are the bit diameter and length of the cutter. I’ve been mostly ignoring the other specs.

1 Like

Right, so the question remains…how much value is there in having the cutter geometry preloaded?

It’s not too hard to plug in the settings. Pretty sure they’re Kyocera endmills. Hardest part will be keeping them sticking out of the collet the same every time. Most of the endmills will pretty much disappear if you push them in all the way on a dewalt.

Does it need to be in a fusion toolbox, or would it make more sense to have a table with the data we know, for the bits we recommend?

(cue broken record sound)

What about a page on the docs with that info in a table?

2 Likes

Maybe on the milling basics page? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just asked for this on a separate thread as a result of searching for this data myself.