Upgrading lowrider2 controller

I currently have built a low rider 2 using an early Rambo board and marlin controller. It’s obviously slow and not the easy to sort job zeros….I’ve seen the new touch SKR Pro screen controller for low rider 3. Can I use this on my low rider 2.

1 Like

Hi sorry for the day in getting an answer.

If I were you I would not switch the control board. The “touch” screen also has the exact same interface as the rambo you have, and the ability to change to the touch side. In the end the functionality is the exact same. No noticeable performance boost or anything. If I had to say anything the Rambo is more robust and harder to kill.

Thanks Ryan

Am I missing an operational shortcut?..

In order to set zeros for a job I have to manually at present go to each different axis control on the marlin - go to movement, scroll to axis, scroll to adjustment amount and then use the scroll switch to move direction, then return through menu to axis and repeat … that takes a while!..on my vinyl cutter for instance i have arrow keys on the control panel to move the head manually…and a head zero button to press.

Any help in making this a quick process would be useful.

If you have a look at the milling basics page you will see the starting gcode we all use. First thing that does is set your current location to 0,0,0. I only use the screen to move the machine and hit start/resume on a file.