Universal Gcode Sender homing and limit switches

Hi everyone

When I try to home my CNC, the z-axis works fine, but when it hits the limit switches of the X and Y axis, it won’t disengage from the switches, flagging up the alarm. Is there any way to fix this?

Which machine?

You can see the endstops are working by sending an M119 command from the terminal. If you search the forum this has been discussed a few times very recently.

1 Like

grbl settings reference page

Check your settings for $20 through $27. $27 specifies how far to move off the switch.

2 Likes

It’s a custom build using GRBL so unfortunately not many manuals I can follow. Ill have a look for the threads thank you!

Thank you very much! this has been plaguing me for nearly 48hrs now.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, custom grbl implementations add or modify axes, and then expand the sections of the settings to cover these additional axes. So, if you’ve only got X, Y, and Z axis, then $100, $101, and $102 set steps per mm for X, Y, and Z respectively. If you’ve got a machine with independently driven dual X and Y steppers that can do auto-squaring you’ll have additional settings for $103 and $104, but it may take some experimentation (or careful reading of the source code if you’ve got access to it) to figure out which of the $10x settings is for X1 and Y1 (or A or B, depending on how they’re labelled). This expansion will continue for all the axis-specific settings ($10x for steps/mm, $11x for max rate, $12x for max acceleration, and $13x for max travel).

The $ (show current status) and $$ (show current configuration) commands automatically include any expanded axes.

1 Like