Touchplate and Tool Change

I am running an older version of the MPCNC with a Ramps board and an LCD interface. I do my modeling in Fusion 360 on a Windows computer and use SD cards to get the G-code to the MPCNC. I recently ordered a touch plate from V1 Engineering and would appreciate advice on how to utilize it to touch of the surface of my work piece as well as advice on how to do a bit change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://docs.v1e.com/tools/milling-basics/#gcode-start-tool-change-and-ending

I don’t know how to set that up in Fusion, but there’s the start and tool change GCode

The info, links, and video on the sales page are a great set of resources. Just wanted to point to these in case you missed them. Is your firmware Marlin?

Below is a copy and paste from the sales page of the Tiny Touchplate.

Further details and machine specific Gcode can be found on the Milling Basics page.

Quick clip of it in use.

Make your own

Darwin knocked it out of the park with this video showing a few ways to make and use a touch plate.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. I copied this info from the link you gave in order to see if I can make it work in my situation. I’ve been away from my MPCNC for a while and am working on trying to find my way back.

1 Like

I certainly did miss it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. This is a good starting point.

1 Like

Oh, and yes I am running Marlin.

1 Like