Touch plate end stop always in a triggered state

Got my touchplate installed on my Lowrider 3 and for the most part it’s been working. However, if I try to use the touchplate twice without first Power cycling the control board it will not work.

For example, if I have two code files and I start the first cut I can use the touchplate successfully. If I try to use a second file, It will act as if the touchplate was triggered immediately. I have to power cycle it in order to use the touchplate again. It’s like it gets stuck in a triggered state once it’s been triggered once. I’ve checked my wiring and I’m not sure how to proceed. I just had a lengthy cut ruined because my tool change failed during the cut because the touchplate triggered instantly.

What g-code do you use for your probing? Most LowRiders use G38.2 to probe the touch plate. G38.2 has a target value. If you try and probe when the Z is below the target, you will get an error.

I think i figured out what happened. This roots from me using Aspire which is not super fleshed out for Marlin in terms of post processors. I modified one I found online and I think the tool change gcode was setting my Z to 0 at home, so when G38.2 was sent it instantly failed to reach probe. I realized this was what was happening when I went into the terminal to try some stuff and saw that error.

1 Like

I don’t know your exact situation, but others have solved similar problems by changing the target value in the G38.2 to some negative value instead of having a target of 0.

That is precisely what I did and it is working like a charm now! I appreciate the responses.