Tiling operation

Had to use a tiling operation for the size of this piece. I broke up the CAM into 4 separate programs which all had the WCS in Fusion 360 indexed 12 inches apart since the piece is 48” wide. As you can see I still need to run the last program.

28 Likes

Oh man I love this! And I love that you loved it so much you showed us before you ran the last section, :joy:. I would do the same thing for sure!

3 Likes

Beautiful piece. I love the detail. I assume this is a 1/8" bit and 1/4" plywood?

1.5mm bit, 1/4” Baltic Birch plywood.

2 Likes

Did you design the pattern, or was it something you were able to find online?

MB

I found it online.

1 Like

Paid product or freely available? I’d really like to cut one of these. Please share the link, if you can remember where you found it.

MB

Maybe you can try something like silhouette birch tree on google image to get close results.

In my mind this is a piece of art that should stay unique, at least in that form/material as the design can be found on Amazon as a frame wall art :wink:

I did a google image search for “birch tree silhouette” and then converted the image to a SVG with Inkscape. Once I had the SVG I was able to do all the CAM in Fusion 360.

1 Like

Thanks, Blake. I’ll not get to it before next fall/winter. Soaring season is coming up and I’m all consumed getting my glider ready and hopefully getting a BUNCH of hours flying it.

Mike

2 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Smart way to solve the problem. Didn’t even know tiling was a thing!

1 Like

All finished!

24 Likes

That looks awesome.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Yeah that’s really well done!

1 Like

Very nice, what are the dimensions?

1 Like

27” x 48”

1 Like

Blake, beautiful job! I was inspired by that and grabbed a similar picture and did a similar job.

This one is a lot simpler, less branches, etc but my wife grabbed it and hung out in her office when I showed it to her…

I also recently found the same picture you used and set up the cam. About 55 minutes for a 18"x18". I need to figure out tiling in estlcam. I think I actually have to set it up in inkscape and process two jobs in estlcam.

7 Likes