Tight core fit on 25 tubes

Hi, I’m doing a dry fit of LR3 and the core fits extremely tight. I loosed completely nuts for bottom bearings before even could slide core a little bit on the tubes. Also core scratches the braces a little bit.

• I’m using 25mm tubes (measured outer diameter)
  • Printed 25mm braces (text on the braces “25mm OD”)
  • Printer is squared

Here is the space between bottom bearing and the core - is it ok or there should be no space betwen bearings and nuts/printed part?

All other bearings have no extra space between them and nuts/printed parts

And here is the scratched braces. Should I just slightly sand them or realignment of bearings is required? Or maybe some spacers?

Perhaps you could measure the opening in the braces? And see if your 3d printer isn’t accurate?

First tighten the nuts, then see what happens. If it still scratches your printer might be crooked. Ask me how I know. :smile:

1 Like

I see the max difference for 0.3mm on the longest side of the brace. And that’s probably because of “elephant foot” on the first layers - but they are not the biggest points of contact. Other dimensions fit 0.15. What the acceptable tolerance?

If I tighten them I can’t push the core on tubes at all :sweat_smile: Crooked printer - was it a bad geometry in your case?

These are the bolts you need to loosen in order to adjust the tension on the rails, not the ones you have loosened in the picture.

Loosen these until you have a very loose fit. Then tighten them down 1/4 turn at a time until the tension is set correctly.

Overtightening these bolts has been the cause of many cracked cores.

I tightened mine the absolute minimum amount I could that took the ability to shake the core on the rails out.

You should still be able to turn the bearings by hand.

2 Likes

Whoa, thank you, Mike!

Loosening these two solved both tight sliding on the tube and scratching the plastic parts.

Still can’t explain myself why I decided to loose another nuts though :sweat_smile:

Eh, I didn’t even see that… Stupid me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like