The Second LR3 Build

The current was set at 900, so I bumped it down to 800 and will test again later tonight.

2 Likes

Lowering to 800 had me down to 47C, so I ran it again today at 700 which got me down to 41C. I’ll update if that presents any issues, but didn’t seem to have any adverse effects during the air cut test. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

great!

2 Likes

Perfect so somewhere between 700-800 is a pretty good number to hit. You can leave it where it is and see if you have any issues. The first I think to show would be rapid Z moves or very high travel speeds. If you keep those sane then you should have no issues. The slower the RPM the stronger the steppers are so during cutting they are plenty strong. I have all my rapids far higher than the default firmware allows for and I have no issues with my steppers in the mid 40C range.

1 Like

:beers:

this is on the plan now. I was worried about the temps here in the Australia of America. And I need to redo my core anyway… well not need to, but I had a nut spin and its going to bug me if I dont make it right.

1 Like

aside from looking like you are about to play Oregon trail on the apple II e, I reallllllllly like this. I am not putting a screen on yet, but its a definite future upgrade now. And the mono jack was a brilliant idea

4 Likes