The One Rider

Have I missed something? I am going for a lowrider 3 build with skr pro.

@vicious1

1 Like

Do you need 2 Makita collets? You addsd one to the hardware set and one separate.

Also 4 wiring extensions might be more than you need. The motor wires ought to reach for Y1/Z1.

I would probably also want more endmills. The standard 1/8" single flute end mills are a good deal. I got one of the variety packs with the engraving bit, the 1/16" bit, the double flute and the ball nose mill too. I have uses most of them at least once and have projects planned for others.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there are 2 collects or if the hardwear set add the collet when I select it in the options for the hardwear set.

I am going to mill mdf and wood and carve out letters for a sign. What endmill would you recommend for that?

I think that the variety pack looks solid!

Pretty sure that you would get 2 with that order, but get confirmation from @vicious1 .

I ordered a bunch of the single flute mills. They are great for MDF, but will get dull, and they go “ping” if you accidentally run them into a clamp or a screw… or a rock embedded in a piece of MDF. (Has happened.)

1 Like

That is one collet, it is just showing the options selected.

The kit comes with stepper extender wires, you should not need the extra four wires.

I have a 1220x880. So yeah, whatever works. I used the full X against Ryan’s advice because I wanted a) to not have a belt in my face and b) the option to build a longer table. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tokoloshe I am thinking about 1220 x 610 in usuable cutting area. That would give me a) the option to build a larger table b) not sure about what else.

Are you happy with the 880mm? Would you go smaller or larger if you would rebuild?

1 Like

Yes, the 280mm are basically a bonus, I only needed 1200x600 because that is the size I can get plywood in easily. I can’t go any larger because my shop is not too big, but I plan a second table without vacuum and stuff like that that I can fold up to the wall. That’s for later though. :slightly_smiling_face:

This build has been started, then stopped and now started again. I didn’t like the colors so I am reprinting some parts in black.

Back in black! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I have all the 3d printed parts, the YZ plates in MDF but I am lacking milled XZ plates. I have green XZ plates in PLA.

I need to order parts from the shop so I can complete this build. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think there is any real benefit at this point. The printed ones are full of embedded features to make them plenty strong.

1 Like

Ok. I think I am going for a smaller LR3 build, 610x1220mm working area.

I am also working on a PRIMO and I think that will be at largest a 610x610mm working area.

Do you have any thoughs about the sizes? Perhaps the Primo could be even smaller?

1 Like

If you have the 60x120 Lowrider I would go for 40x40 or even 30x30.

2 Likes

I think that I’ll try to finish the One rider first and then the Primo. Or would you do it the other way around?

1 Like

I’d do the rider first. :slight_smile:

I am going for a dark grey core on the One Rider also.

It says 35% rectilinear infill, what infill do you use in Cura?

EDIT: Seems like lines or cubic will work?

1 Like

Unfortunately busy with a lot of non related stuff, did however just level the bed and it looks pretty good. On my Ender 5 plus that has a pretty large bed.

I am thinking about going for the X1C and perhaps reprint all parts again?

4 Likes

Not sure why my bed is soo level? Only difference is starting to print with PETG and higher bed temps? (80 deg C)

Finally I have some time to continue this build. I just cut 2x 790mm gantry tubes and I have 1x 1400mm tube that I will use for the Y-axis.

I put 8x braces on the 790mm gantry. Is this for the better?

I also reprinted some of the parts in black.

What to do with printed parts that I won´t use?

3 Likes

Build a second LR3!!!

1 Like