TFT35 firmware for cnc?

I too would love to have your firmware.
My current firmware is:

Also the chip used is:

1 Like

Hi,

Please see the attached:

Release.zip (2.2 MB)

Extract the ZIP file and copy the whole content to the root of a clean sd card. You should then see there
1 The folder ‘TFT35’
2 The file ‘config.ini’ → Please replace this with your own config.ini should you have made changes to it
3 The new firmware ‘BIGTREE_TFT35_V3.0_E3.28.x.bin’

I set the touch plate height to 5mm, please check whether this works by probing via the menue Zero / Z-Probe.

I couldn’t test it as my processor is different… Good luck!

2 Likes

Sure, no problem Frank. Are you using a touch plate? If so, what’s its height? I somewhat hardcoded the homing sequence in the firmware.

You got a video clip of your firmware

I’m sorry, I haven’t. Why don’t you check it out first, maybe you’ve got some ideas how to make it better. Not sure whether I would call it ‘brilliant’, it’s just a couple of small but effective changes, I’d guess.

Would be a good idea maybe to work with Ryan

Yeah, more than happy to. But I’m not sure whether this is the team’s focus right now.

As for BTT updates, users aren’t forced to update to the latest,

That’s good to know, thank you. But there might be useful changes from BTT we’d like to use as well.

Maybe also keep the complies version open source for others to alter?

Yes, that’s the plan. I’ll create a public fork. But I must admit I’m still a rookie when it comes to Github, so I’d need a bit of learning first…

1 Like

I have the v1 engineering touch plate.
Which I believe is 0.5mm thick.

here we go:

Release_Frank.zip (2.2 MB)

Touch plate is 0.5mm.

Can you please follow the above instructions: https://forum.v1e.com/t/tft35-firmware-for-cnc/36279/12?u=avatario

1 Like

ok so i have updated, however my custom g-code entries in config.ini aren’t showing.
This is what i got:
custom_label_8:Start Router
custom_gcode_8:M106 P0\n
custom_label_9:Stop Router
custom_gcode_9:M107 P0\n
custom_label_10:Start Vacuum
custom_gcode_10:M106 P2\n
custom_label_11:Stop Vacuum
custom_gcode_11:M107 P2\n

But when i go into “Custom” they arent listed? Is there a way to re-upload the config.ini file only?

Haven‘t you kept your own config.ini?

My understanding is that you simply copy your own config.ini to the sd card.

yeah i did this, but doesnt show the custom entires.
So thought maybe of re-uploading it to try again

Does it show any other custom entries?

These are the standard custom entries. Your ini file is not active. Please try again.

What do I try again?
How do I make it active?

Please copy your ini-file onto the SD card (again) and reboot.

A couple of questions:

• Does the new menu show up?
  • Have the extensions of the folder ‘TFT’ and the firmware file changed to *.cur?

Ahhh I think that’s the problem, I updated everything and uploaded my own config.Ini file but it was cur.
Will retry it with all of them being Not Cur lol

Problem solved!
You are a champion!
PS. I think your firmware is perfect

Glad you got it to work!

As much as I would love this, the only way to make any firmware edits not in the standard config file manageable are to get BTT to add them to the main firmware. We don’t need updates very often but if and when we do I do not have the ability to maintain all the edits to all the screens and boards.

The way to get this to happen would be to add a standard config option for something like “CNC or 3D printer?” That would trigger your edits. If it is unobtrusive and done well BTT will pull them in. Then maintenance is a non issue. That is how we did things like dual endstops on all the axis, and Jamie got joystick controls in Marlin.

One off edits are great but we really need to get something into the main repo.

1 Like

Hi @azab2c, I’ve just forked the V1 TFT repo: GitHub - Avatario34/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware at CNC_Version

The branch ‘CNC_Version’ contains all my changes and is based on V1’s adaptions to the orginal BTT version.

Would be great if you could take a look, as I said I am not too familiar with Github (yet)

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing @Avatario! Digging through the changes you made is helpful for folks looking to understand what’s involved to customize TFT firmware code, and helpful to folks looking to ramp up on contributing. Cheers!

1 Like