TFT Screen blank, No response

I built and wired a Low Rider 3. I thought it was complete but when I powered it up nothing happened

I triple checked all the connections but nothing seemed to work. Two out of three of the tiny leds lit up and one led in the TFT board lit. The three fuses weee intact so I didn’t burn anything.

Here are images of the control board
I tried Repetier but it couldn’t connect.

I think I’m missing something basic here—I can’t achey anything on the TFT screen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Somehow the board pix didn’t load

Welcome @lloydmartin ! Congrats on your build.

Did it ever power up and display anything on the TFT screen? Are any symbols displayed on the TFT, or it’s just completely blank (power off, or powered on, as in TFT back light is on, but just displaying ‘black’) ?

Able to share more pics showing how your board and TFT are wired up?

Cheers!

Edit: You just posted some. Nice!

Able to share a single pic that shows how the cables are going from Controller to the TFT?

Here’s how I wired mine… https://zoomtube.com/@azab2c/make/v1e-lr3?v=3_10&t=26_11_55

The screen was dead. I know from working on PCs that even if there’s no firmware loaded there’s always a bootstrap loader that comes up. One led lit up on the TFT board so I assume it was getting some power

Unfortunately I installed the TFT into a case before I wired the control board. I think I’ll remove it tomorrow and see if there is a loose connection

Your problem isn’t related to the TFT screen.

That third LED that isn’t lighting up indicates the boards 3v3 is missing. 3v3 feeds the processor (among other things) so your board will not work until the 3v3 is sorted.
I suggest you disconnect everything from the board, including the stepper drivers and re-check F3. Re-connect just the power and see if the LED lights up. From there it is a case of re-fitting wires one at a time. If the led goes out again you will have found your culprit. My money would be on an incorrectly fitted limit switch…but it is just a guess.

2 Likes

You were right. There was a loose connection on one of the limit switches

Now on to the next problem