Test Cribbage board

This is both my first cribbage board and my first project with multiple tool changes. Made out of pine.
I wasn’t able to get the chamfer to run (couldn’t probe after changing to the chamfer bit) and I cut a pocket too deep. I still liked the way it turned out. Next is a version in hard maple for a birthday present.

-Ryan J.

15 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

That’s really good. I have wanted to make a CB for a long time. But I got hung up on what shape to make it. A circle looks awesome.

Nice!!

Only issue with a circle is making it big enough that there is space between the pegs. Even this one is a little tight and it’s 11 inches across. My first one was just over 9 inches and the pegs were pushing each other in opposite directions.

2 Likes

You could make it a 60 hole board. But if you’re going to make one, it might as well be a big one. It is still much smaller than most of the games on my shelf.

1 Like

I still don’t even know the game. Noone in Germany plays it… :sweat_smile:

The board is just a big score board. There a several rules where you get 1 or two points, so you use the pins to keep track. Hands can be worth a lot, up to 29. Most are closer to 5-10. So it helps to have the pins lined up in 5s to count quickly.

Cribbage is a pretty fun game and you can use a pack of cards. If chess is an hour to learn and a lifetime to master,.cribbage takes a long time to learn all the rules, but you can win pretty quickly. You can easily play while having a conversation. We played it a lot in college while drinking. We play it now at coffee shops.

1 Like

My entire family on my mom side plays, a few on my dad’s side, my immediate family, and now some of my daughter’s friends play. I’d like to get a cheaper version made so I can do homemade gifts. The maple version I am about to start is going to be in the $100 range.

2 Likes