Temperature problems SKR PRO 1.2 on Anet A8 Plus

I had a problem with my Anet a8 plus printer; the stepper of the extruder was only humming and not moving anymore. I want to change the motherboard of the printer with a SKR PRO 1.2, that was in use with my lowrider-3. At the moment I need the printer more than the lowrider and I have just built an open-cnc shield that I want to use with my lowrider.

I have overcome many hurdles in my struggle to get it working. Everything seems to be working, including a bltouch sensor, only the temperature sensors are giving problems. I can’t get them to work.

Temperatures change within seconds from -15 to + 15 (room temperature is about 16 degrees Celcius). When I try to heat up the hotend or heatbed, I get a temperature error.

#### Error reported by printer

Your printer's firmware reported an error. Due to that OctoPrint will disconnect. Reported error: MINTEMP triggered, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed - echo:Home XYZ First

When I look at the temperatures in the terminal i see this:

Recv:  T:12.42 /200.00 B:14.39 /60.00 @:127 B@:127
[...]
Recv:  T:13.69 /200.00 B:15.12 /60.00 @:127 B@:127
[...]
Recv:  T:15.70 /200.00 B:15.40 /60.00 @:127 B@:127
[...]
Recv:  T:20.51 /200.00 B:16.70 /60.00 @:127 B@:127
[...]
Recv:  T:22.92 /200.00 B:15.11 /60.00 @:127 B@:127
[...]
Recv:  T:29.06 /200.00 B:17.10 /60.00 @:127 B@:127
[...]
Recv: Error:MINTEMP triggered, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed
Recv: echo:Home XYZ First
Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Error"
Send: M112
Send: N2 M112*35
Send: N3 M104 T0 S0*34
Send: N4 M140 S0*97
Changing monitoring state from "Error" to "Offline after error"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Why is it giving me a temperature error, while the temperature seems to be rising?

Marlin.zip (91.6 KB)
I attached configuration.h and configuration_adv.h

Does anyone have a clue what I’m doing wrong?

It’s because you have set your extruder thermistor on E1 not E0

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 5
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_3 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_4 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_5 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_6 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_7 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 5
#define TEMP_SENSOR_PROBE 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_CHAMBER 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_COOLER 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BOARD 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_REDUNDANT 0

(configuration.h)

change #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 0 to #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5
and
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 5 to #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
and try again.

I’ll try tonight! Thanks

Seems I already changed that yesterdaynight. I just upgraded the screen software, now i can see the extruder temperature, i couldn’t see that before. Heating still results in failure.

At the temperature graph i see this:

Extruder and bed temperature are fluctuating at the same rate and synchronous. I have no idea what can cause this behaviour.

At the little dip in the last “mountain” of the graph I unplugged the extruder sensor for a couple of seconds.

I just sent bigtreetech support an email, hope they have a solution.

I also ordered the new version. Pretty big, have to see how to fit it… :smiley:

I saw a couple of videos about the new version. Maybe I should visit you when you have it running :wink:

Sure, I’d love that. :smiley:

Where about do you live?

Yesterday i went through the procedure of installing klipper on a ramps stack and raspberry, all went well. When I was ready to take it of the workbench to the printer I realised that the printer runs on 24 volts and the rampsboard doesn’t like 24volt… So I tried to compile klipper for the SKR pro. The temperature graph looks a lot more promising now. So lets first get 2023 going, then I am going to experiment further in the klipper config…

1 Like

It’s printing again… sort off. Still have to look after microstepping and steps/revolution, but is’t spitting out PLA again :grinning:

afbeelding

It’s alive and kicking. Printed the first pieces for my son’s ironman mask. Still some tuning to do, but I am very pleased with it now. Temperature is rock-stable now. It was quite a journey to get klipper working. Now make my other printer working again.

1 Like