SURFACE Mapping - using MARLIN - try it out

I realized after I posted my error on moving to Z2.0 was causing my issue. I will try out your suggestions.

I’m currently running firmware found here: https://github.com/Allted/Marlin/tree/MPCNC_Rambo_T8_16T_LCD_DualEndstop on a Rambo 1.4 card.

I have a Z-probe (touch plate) connected to Z-min, and a microswitch connected to Z-max.
The dual endstops and squaring works as it should in my current setup.

I really hope to implement this surface mapping/bed leveling in my setup aswell, but I have a hard time sorting out the diff from your “Marlin_main.cpp” to the code mentioned above…?

UnLtdSoul

I’m going through your configuration.h file (and my programming knowledge is really reaaaaally low), so correct me if I’m wrong, but all the code lines you added/changed are identified with AMEY, correct?

And specially the bed leveling section down to the mesh section.

I’m basically comparing with my own configuration.h that I’ve changed for my CNC build (1 XX and 2 YY stepper motors), and they aren’t that different.

But when I compare your marlin_main.cpp to mine marlin.cpp (the only marlin*.cpp I have on my marlin firmware folder (using Marlin-MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step_DualEndstop), they are really different… and that one I cannot figure out…

Guess I’ll leave it has is. Just wish the the wood boards wouldn’t be so unleveled… :slight_smile:

Did anyone ever pursue this? I posted a similar question in another thread that focused on accomplishing surface mapping with G-Code_Ripper, however, after some researching I can see that this may be the best path forward… I can’t help but see this being a very powerful feature that is presently missing from the mpcnc- being able to Vcarve words and images in rough wood, wine staves, barrel lids, etc. etc … Would really like to know if anyone has already come up with an alternative solution, or if their would be interest in modifying firmware/software to perform this function… With a standard 3D printed mount and an additional micro switch, this could easily become a new mpcnc standard feature like dual ends tops have become. Thoughts?

3 Likes