Suggestions

I’m probably being a bit presumptuous here… but as I’m struggling to get my parts printed I’ve been reading a lot of the forum posts and noticed a few comments that make me feel as if viscious1 might be feeling a bit overwhelmed with how much work this beautifully designed cost effective solution (sucking up here) has created for him.

That said… Perhaps these ideas might help…

Trouble shooting…
–I’ve noticed a lot of repetitive questions on troubleshooting being asked… we could probably show our appreciation for this gift we’ve been given by searching the forum before posting new questions
–Web design isn’t really my thing but perhaps a troubleshooting page in addition to the forum topic… one that lists the problems occurred during assembly/setup/running with solutions to each of the problems, a lot of people aren’t really good (or too lazy) at searching forums, but a dedicated page where they can goto Printing Problems\Offset Printing\ with solutions (tighten Z-axis, etc…) is simple and easy. if someone finds a new solution to a problem… as them to write a detailed blurb on how they fixed it… Most of us would be more then willing to help out with content.

Design…
– I feel as if I’ve been given a gift with this design… and yes I will probably want it to do more once I’ve assembled mine and I’d love to have all the solutions handed to me on a silver platter, but this is Open Source, and there are many people here who are willing to contribute (and have) to make this device have greater functionality. The device functions as designed very well from everything I’ve read… and only really has problems when we (I say we because I know I will be guilty of this as well) expect or want more then it was designed to do to begin with. I’ve read a comment by another member that suggested you focus your time on Model 2… which would use more conventional methods with greater accuracy/stability. Yes cost would go up… but greater functionality cost more… its a simple fact. I have no problem with you telling me model 1 just cant mill titanium… Model 1 isn’t meant to be able to mill 4x12 mdf etc… A more robust/accurate/bigger/stable Model 2 that could be built using Model 1 and reuse most of the electronics… would make all or most of us very happy.
That was the long way of saying… maybe its time to be done with Model 1 and use the functionality its given you to design Model 2. :slight_smile:

Parts, Printed, packaging etc…
A comment I saw about needing an employee prompts this suggestion.

Work for Parts options:
I for one would love to work for parts… need someone to package up hardware kits? Mod Extruders? Order in Bulk enough for 101 (or you pick a number) kits… (save yourself money) have them directly shipped to me and I’ll be glad to count/package everything up … ship them where/how you tell me to… as long as I get to keep 1 for myself!

Just a few thoughts that have been going through my head… but I can’t wait to see what the future brings for this wonderful tool!

Thanks for the compliments.

Troubleshooting- Now that I feel the design is stable…as of yesterday. I will start to compile a FAQ’s page. I think this will be best. Previously the only really repeated question was “I can’t get it square” I think this is fixed now as I haven’t heard it yet, I don’t think. Before that was wiring, So I invested in the pre-made harnesses. I am trying to get rid of issues that pop up.
But yes, this will happen. I have a lot of milling and estlcam questions so I have a guide coming out today or tomorrow followed by a video.
I would love help on this, maybe if some one asks a question in the forums I can just cut and paste the best answer into the faq and cite the author.

Kinda feel like yesterdays release finishes what I consider number 2, the “525”. Adding stainless rails to the 525 should give one hell of a machine. I have a new cold cut saw and a bunch of stainless here and all my parts printed. I can’t wait to put it together but I have been sick for the last few days…soon with pics!

If/when I start designing another one it will be made out of milled parts using all the same expensive stuff, motors, power, control board. Use the 525 to cut the next one, if you feel you need more. For me though the only advantage to a more rigid machine would be speed or build size possibilities. This 525 cuts all the materials you can cut with a lightweight machine at a decent speed, if I do say so myself. Steel milling is a whole different realm of machining, You actually have to know a great deal about CAM, your bits, the materiel, and a super rigid machine. Not a beginners material.

Hmmmm, I will try and figure out a way to use your labor!!! I am doing my best to increase volume enough to get lower prices enough to cover the cost of kitting them but not to a volume where I have to hire a ton of people. I think we are in a sweet spot right now. People seem happy with the product and service. The community is growing and still extremely friendly. All in all this is going like a dream for me right now. slow and steady progression. I will be trying to showcase the machine being used now that the updates are pretty much done for a while. I think I am going to run a nice contest for some videos of the machine being used. To try and get people comfortable showing off there project. I have been very secretive of the things I actually use my cnc’s for but I am starting to make videos now. Ihope.

I appreciate your comments, it’s people like you that make this great. You like the machine and you are genuinely trying to improve the whole situation.

Thanks

I do however have one major concern about the mpcnc… It’s kinda like that Lays commercial … Bet you can’t eat (or in this case, build) just one. You sir are an enabler.

HAHAHA I have 3! but am usually only using 1 at a time…

hmm…

" I can’t wait to put it together but I have been sick for the last few days…soon with pics!"

I’m not sure we want to see the pictures of you being sick the last few days…
:slight_smile:

Hahaha that’s nasty. Pics of the new shiny stainless machine coming soon.