Starting out on a primo journey in New Zealand

Nice work. I will be spending some time on the code over the next few weeks as I start getting more serious about cutting.

2 Likes

Here’s a very quick video with of the new spindle relay control working with µCNC:

1 Like

A small update for tonight. My drag chains arrived on Friday, so I spent some of Saturday going to the hardware store to get some aluminium and printing various attachments and a chunk of today figuring out how I wanted it all to work. This included unsoldering and resoldering a bunch of the cables because they were about 30cm too short. Super frustrating. Didn’t take a photo because it was getting too dark, so I’ll grab one tomorrow and update here.

1 Like

Here’s the promised photo. I used a combination of parts from Thingiverse:

3 Likes

Hi James did you 3D print the holder for the Makita Router or did you buy it. I have been using a Ozito plunge router but now have a variable speed 65mm router and want to change the mounting bracket. If you 3D printed could you do one for me please and I’ll pay you for it.
P.S I live in Taupo NZ

I printed it - it’s from the V1 MPCNC tool mounts repo. Mate, how did you build an MPCNC without a printer?!

Just thought I should post a follow up that the machine is alive and well and making chips.

3 Likes