Spring snow storm

We’re having a good pile up of snow on our trees. We have at least 18" and no signs of stopping. It was 60F on Monday. The kids are home from school. Spring break is next week. I bet you they cancel tomorrow to and it has already started.

I’m living dangerously though. I’m running a print and upgrading the firmware on my router while the lights flicker. Wish me luck. :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover: :magnet:

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen, right?

Routers are already back up. Openwrt is the best. Printer is just cruising in a vase mode box for my kid’s desk to clear out the bottom of the spool.

I don’t think it will finish.

1 Like

Whoa that is crazy! Around here snow was late and came in fast. I was you there riding yesterday and it was too hot. SO I think winter was late, but spring is a little early.

1 Like

Where I am, Ontario Canada near Niagara Falls, this has been the weirdest winters that I can remember, at no point this winter have we had more than 3" of snow on the ground and for much of the winter, none.

1 Like

Same deal in NE PA and Western NY. Nothing for weeks and then total chaos. Some friends of mine in Syracuse attached their snow plow while wearing shorts an hour before a blizzard a couple weeks ago. Started noticing brown marks on their ceiling the next day. There were SNOW DRIFTS MELTING IN THEIR ATTIC!

2 Likes

And here I am in shorts and a T shirt with the AC running!

1 Like

uhhhooohhh!

1 Like

Here we had a TOTAL lack of any chaos whatsoever!

1 Like

Yeah, they canceled classes at my daughter’s university today and tomorrow in Colorado Springs. But she hasn’t sent me any photos so didn’t happen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought you guys were prepared for this kind of weather? It’s not like in central texas where the threat of a storm shuts everything down. :grin:

1 Like

I did the Indiana Jones filament swap to keep the print going. It had a layer fail though. I think it raised up a bit when I was tugging the filament to make sure it was gripping.

We are. The trees aren’t though. There was an email from xcel and from xfinity warning us that we might lose service. I think the flickers might have been a cable getting taken out and another route taking over. We didn’t lose power. We ended up with over 24" last night. I haven’t gone outside this morning. It is great snow. There was a layer of slush (it started as rain) but the rest is really great powder.

One of our neighbors got stuck trying to leave. The couple of us out shoveling went to help out. We got him unstuck and he returned a few minutes later with… Gas for his snow blower. It would have been less work if we just shoveled his driveway.

We didn’t have anywhere to go. We’re going to venture out today. The kids still don’t have school but the hockey rink is open.

2 Likes