SOLVED: FluidNC 3.7.16 > WebUI v3 — Save button not saving

FluidNC 3.7.16 > WebUI v3 > Settings Button > FluidNC Features Tab > Settings Box:

I changed the X max travel distance, and scrolled down and hit the “Save” button. I then rebooted, and the old value was still there. I also tried save, then refresh, then reboot. It’s not working. :slight_smile:

My config.YAML file is on the flash storage, and I’m trying this without any SD card in the Jackpot, just to make sure there is no confusion on where the file is being read from.

This was repeated over several attempts.

Anyone else seeing this?

OK, I feel a little sheepish. Not sure what to make it.

I inserted the SD card back in. I noticed it has a config.YAML file on it as well.

I then noticed that the new travel value shows up after a reboot, despite that the one on the SD card has not been updated.

My Settings box shows “config/filename” as simply: “config.yaml”

My question is, does that refer to the one on the SD card? Or to the one in flash storage?

it only reads/writes config.yaml from the Flash, not the SD

1 Like

The restart board does not seem to do a full power cycle. Power off completely, wait a bit, and power back up the save should show at that point.

1 Like

I think restart just clears e-stops and other issues.

1 Like

Pressing that restart board button should be sending an ESP444 if I’m not mistaken, which should completely reboot the MCU

1 Like

Whatever my issue was, the value is showing up now as changed. The button does work apparently, although perhaps some combination of steps I had taken, may have meant I was not holding my mouth right. :slight_smile:

PS: in my flailing around, at a couple of points I also tried by uploading an edited version of the file instead of depending on the save button. So, perhaps I should be saying, at least one of those things worked.

Pretty sure Jeff was having an issue at RMRRF reset would not run his staring macros, but a power cycle would.

1 Like

I’m using the older web ui. I hit the red spinner button in the config page and it reboots, but doesn’t restart the default gcode. There is an esp api call to see why the last reboot happened. Maybe fluidnc is doing something different depending on that response.