I had an intermittent problem on the X, Y and Z axes where sometimes I would try to home them and the machine would move towards home, trigger the end switch(es) and then just stop there. Not the normal trigger, step off, trigger again, step off and then done.
I ended up turning on debugging with:
$Message/Level=Debug
Then I try to home Z:
$HZ
[MSG:DBG: Homing Cycle Z]
[MSG:DBG: Z Axis StealthChop]
[MSG:DBG: Z2 Axis StealthChop]
[MSG:DBG: Homing nextPhase FastApproach]
[MSG:DBG: Starting from 0.000,0.000,3.000]
[MSG:DBG: Planned move to 0.000,0.000,168.000 @ 800.000]
[MSG:DBG: Pos Limit 1]
[MSG:DBG: Pos Limit 1]
[MSG:DBG: Homing limited Z Z2]
[MSG:DBG: Homing nextPhase Pulloff0]
[MSG:DBG: Starting from 0.000,0.000,7.035]
[MSG:DBG: Planned move to 0.000,0.000,3.035 @ 300.000]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 0]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 1]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 0]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 1]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 0]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 1]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 0]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 1]
[MSG:DBG: Probe 0]
Maybe you see it already – the problem was that the Z0 probe was intermittently touching and this interfered with the homing. I didn’t realize what Probe was for (makes complete sense in hindsight) at first. I think I might epoxy on a bit of steel (to the router mount) so that magnet on the clip end of the zeroing probe has something good to hold onto.
edit: I forgot to mention I’m using a Jackpot 3 controller.