Skrpro "unknown M221" after installed fw dual

Hm ok. I haven’t actually checked the releases. I just read the readme and took the files in the “Copy to SD card” folder as per the instructions :slight_smile:

Perhaps we should either update the instructions and remove those folders or update the folders? :slight_smile:

I can probably help out with either!

1 Like

So been struggling with this. What is the proper fix for the m221 error?
I bought the kit from v1 thought it was suppose to be flashed already and tested?
What do I need to do?

The best option is to use Marlin mode.

But the M221 is fixed with the latest version of firmware for the screen. Also, the official BTT firmware has support for CNC machines now, by setting the number of hot ends and extruders to zero.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply Jeff. Where do I find latest V1 update? Or Best update that will work. Have no issue tackling it just need a path haha

1 Like

hey @jeffeb3 Jeff or anyone that sees this first. Im having the same issue as @Linuus same icons and everything. This came from same link you shared to me. Whats the fix to this. Its on a cnc not 3d printer. Ive gone thru the config but not sure what im doing, do i just uncomment everything to do with 3d printing or what? Whats the fix for this? Want the touch screen to work as best as possible. Ive updated the firmware on board and ftf.

1. you should be using Marlin mode. It is much more reliable

2. Did you install the software 2 links above this one? Can you share a picture of what is wrong?

i will take your advice for sure on just using the marlin mode. Yes i did. Here’s a picture of it
@jeffeb3
Is this not the 3d printer version?

Ok. I see the confusion.

The new version is still based on a 3D printer interface. But if hotends and extruders are set to zero, those buttons won’t interfere with the CNC operation (the default behavior is a lot of errors).

2 Likes

I have been testing all sorts of stuff the last little while. We might be on track for an error free TFT side soon. Sorry for all the confusion, but since we have started using these things the Marlin side has been ultra reliable, the TFT side has taken this long and it is still not right yet…but I have an error free build running now, if it holds up for another day or two no error I will see about pushing out an update.

3 Likes

Okay. Just making sure I’m not going nuts here haha. Appreciate progress on new firmware / builds. Just making sure I’m on the right track.
I love the console side of touch. After auto home bumps up can enter exact coords and repeatable cuts none stop.
So far so good with firmware in marlin mode.

2 Likes

Okay so another issue.
After my last cut was done it wanted to drive into the rail. Which is super weird. After 4 bit changes. 4 Z touch offs. Each file for each tool change went to center. Which is my point of origin. Caught it in time before it slammed. Super weird.

In Marlin mode? IF you ran that in TTF That is the part we are working on. There is some sort of buffer / command issue.

Yes in marlin mode. Last tool path. Super weird. Never had a issue yet with random take off lol

I think the only times it happens in Marlin mode is static from a vac hose (rare), or more commonly the gcode is way off (too fast, or just bad line). You can run it in the air again to see if it happens in the same spot or at all.

Maybe the touch plate hit something, static, power?

Yeah Ill run the same tool path again and see what It does. I was going up with speed while it was cutting.
Work space was centered of cut area. After each tool path it went back to x0y0 when done. Last tool path when done went way off to left. Hit emergency stop just in time. I’ll run it again. First time using the marlin mode. I’ll update back later today.

I would suggest you open a new thread. I don’t think this has anything to do with the original topic at this point.

1 Like

Ryan, as you know I tried all the stuff in this thread back in December, with the thread I started (SKR Pro 1.2, newest firmware, 513, issues). This is when I thought initially it was the 1.2 firmware, and in the end its the TFT firmware, as we discussed there.
What I have been doing in the interim awaiting the new TFT firmware edit/update is when M221 appears, it happens when speed adjustment happens during the cutting part of the gcode, speed can be changed without issue when the move is doing a rapid or travel rate without error, or when paused. It will throw one M221 error, then adjusts the speed.
M221 doesn’t happen at all when the SKR board is plugged into a Raspberry PI 400 with CNCjs or a windows laptop with CNCjs, and the speed adjust is sent through the CNCjs terminal.
I hope your newest edit works, I have a work around until then

1 Like

The TFT firmware bundles the 212 command with a second command. Occasionally marlin only receives part of the second command, so m212 can get read as m21. It has been found, the proper solution is being discussed…or debated.

I tested one and it works I need to push it, when they decide on the right way we can change to it. The TFT firmware is not as active as marlin, and they are on vacation for a few more weeks. I’ll dig into this a little more over the next few days and try to push some sort of fix.

any news on this?