SKR pro wiring

There is also a little green light that is on for about a second. Maybe it is yellow, I can’t remember.

Once it is flashed, you can connect to it with repetier host and send M115. It should say v510.

You can leave the drivers installed, but if you’re having any trouble, remove the endstop wiring and the lcd from the board.

Removed all the wiring except the drivers and the power to the steppers/board via the power supply. Still does not load anything when I put the micro sd in. I don’t see any green or yellow LEDs just 2 orange when I plug the power on.

Just to be sure…

There are 3 places on the SKR Pro board to apply power. Motor Power, Logic Power, and Heated Bed Power.

You need power to the motor power and to the logic power. You do have power to those 2 places, right?

Yes this is how I currently have it powered……it then plugs in using the V1 power supply

One last thing to verify, the file must be named “firmware.bin”… no caps etc. Also, I believe the sdcard should be formatted in fat or fat32. Lastly, try another sdcard.

So maybe the problem is my mac won’t allow me to open/extract a .bin file……what do you guys think?

I tried re-formatting the SD card and another one

I got it to work!!! The only thing I did different was remove all of the drivers……can someone take a look at my picture to verify I had them installed correctly? I am afraid to install them again………thanks everyone for the help this far!

1 Like

Update……I couldn’t wait any longer and just went ahead and re-installed the drivers and everything is working. The only thing I can think of is maybe I did not fully bend the driver pin out of the way and it was touching something (I think the capacitor under the driver) not allowing me to update the firmware.

The other thing I learned was that after I updated the screen I had to power down and remove the SD card or it would say “illegal app” or something along those lines if I left the sd card installed.

I feel like I am making progress!!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you for all the help everyone . So awesome that so many people were willing to jump in and offer suggestions.

I guess that was causing all my issues! and that’s why everything worked when I removed the drivers!

Might have saved you trouble if I’d seen it the first time.