Skr pro v1.2: m119 reports and led indication differences

Hi all,

I have build my first mpcnc machine and used the skr pro v1.2 control board / tmc2209 drivers.
Everything is working fine. I did the crown test 5 times in a row on the same paper and the drawing is only marginally thicker than after the first run.
When trying to home the axis, sometimes this works, but often the motors do not stop, even when the endswitches are pressed.

While investigating this issue, it seems that it is similar to this issue #180 for bigtreetech v1.1 boards.
Does this mean that the control board is crap ?
Is there anything else I can do to make the endswitch report correctly to the control board.

Update: difference between m119 reports and led indication only occurs when I move the axis manually with the stepper motors disabled. If I move the stepper motors with the TFT35 / Pronterface / Repetier Host, m119 reports are consistent with the endstop switches and leds on the control board.

Any help is appreciated to solve this issue.
Thanks!

Make sure you have X1 endstop connected to the x1 motor. If you had them backwards, one motor would plow through anytime the gantry wasn’t square.

Recently received a new board from bigtreetech.
Everything is working as expected, my initial suspicion that the control board was crap is correct.

1 Like