SKR Pro - Dual End stops - not using them

OK, so I have my Primo MPCNC built!

I did buy some travels stop switches, but only 3 (I thought one for each axis). and they didn’t come with this wire for connecting them. so until I can get what I need, I’d like to start without them.

Is it true that I can simply place a jumper on the Ground and Signal pins of each X and Y shown here?

The firmware completely ignores the endstops unless you are homing. You can leave the ports open and as long as you don’t try to home the machine, it will function properly.

If you are operating without dual endstops, do something to make the X and Y square before engaging the motors. It can be as simple as a block of wood, or a 3D printed clamp. Hold the machine against the hard stops before engaging the motors and it will stay square at least until the motors are disabled.

Ill add that you only need one more switch. The Z axis doesn’t get one for the Primo, you only use a touch plate, and that is also optional.

OK, thanks!
when I power up my board I get an error that says “ALL LOW” and there is a sequence of chimes.
if I hit OK… then go to MOVE… I can’t get any of the motors to move.

any advice?

All low means the skr isn’t talking to the tmc drivers.

The most common reason is the board needs power to the main and the motors screws.

If that isn’t it, it might be worth seeing if it is all drivers, or just one. M122 will print a bunch of diagnostic info. The last thing it prints is the data received from TMC. If only one driver is all zeroes, then you can focus on that driver or socket.

I believe this is the problem… but I don’t see any instructions for how to do those… am I missing something?
I am looking here: SKR Pro - V1 Engineering Documentation

If it isn’t clear what to do, then the documentation is failing you. You are (by far) not the only one with this problem. We should add a power section with a little text and a useful picture.

You can just wire the 12V to both + screws, and ground to both negative screws. It can either be separate wires from the power supply, or short jumpers to connect them.

You can see the wires in this picture. But I don’t see it explicitly called out.

https://docs.v1e.com/electronics/skrpro/#molex-and-jst-connectors

Thanks Jeffe. So just to be clear before i ruin my board…

Exactly. That will fix it.