Skr-pro 1.2

There is an orange ribbon on the screen that could have moved. Maybe Try to gently push it on its socket

1 Like

orange ribbon cable is good, the push knob doesnt even light up anymore, im hoping somthing didnt burn out, it was working before i pulled power to change steppers and nothing after power was reapplied

1 Like

I’m guessing it won’t take a flash now, but wouldn’t hurt to try and see if reflashing it revives it.

Plug both TFT black ribbon and LCD grey ribbons, if your last display mode was touch mode you might be stucked if not power by the black ribbon.

1 Like

so its prolly faulty then?

The TFT should display something with just the EXP1 cable plugged in, with the skr powered on. In touch mode it should display No printer attached!, in marlin mode it should display LCD12864 Simulator. If it is just black, it’s probably broken. Although before giving up on it, I’d try to flash it one last time.

with just exp1 cable plugged in i get this

the the exp2 cable and the black 4 pin plus 1 pin do nothing as far as a display on the screen

That is a good sign. The v1 text at the top indicates you are in marlin mode. The garbled text is due to the EXP2 plug not being installed. Touch mode is less dependent… can you enter touch mode by holding down on the knob and selecting touch mode?

the only cable i can have plugged in and get a output on the screen is exp1, anything other than that no screen output, also the control knob doesnt work, but im guessing thats because the cable isnt plugged in

it now shows the big v1 logo and then the marlin mode icon with the touch icon right next to it, but the control knob still doesnt work

Does the knob not have a feelable detent when pushed in ?
Maybe it’s jammed is there any way to probe the push button for latching and unlatching confirmation?

The knob clicks when i press on it
What all is hooked to the exp1? As thats the only cord from the screen thats plugged it to the skr board right now that works at all

Exp2 manages the display sdcard reader, did you left your sdcard in it?
If so try to remove it and plug back exp2

1 Like

if i have exp1 and exp2 connected at the same time i get nothing displaying on the screen

What version of Marlin do you have on your SKR PRO or when did you buy the LR3 kit ?
If you have recently redownloaded only the last TFT35 firmware, it requires minimum Marlin firmware version to be 2.1.1 or further ( released on 2022-08-06) so make sure your SKR Pro firmware is ok with that requirement.
Last V1 LR3 skr pro firmware(because your first post talks about a LR3 kit but go choose correct one if it’s about a MPCNC) :
V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209-2.1.1.zip

If none of it works and before to admit it is a dead display i would try to flash the original BIGTREETECH TFT35-E3 firmware and see if i could get the TFT/LCD to display better.
You could clone their github repository and follow the installation doc, or use the one below i just did for you:
Copy folder content to SD Card root directory to update.zip (1.7 MB)

TFT flashing doc :

You would have to reconnect correctly all black and grey ribbons to reflash your TFT.

i ordered the lowrider 3 kit less than a month ago with the skr. and with no display with more than exp1 hooked up how do i reflash anything

There is no user action on display needed for flashing so you might still be able to flash it.
Replug correctly EXP1,EXP2 and the black ribbon and try that, copy the content of the zipped folder in your SDCARD(ideally empty it first), put it in your display card reader and turn on your SKR Pro board, wait few minutes then you’ll see if it can get back to life…

1 Like

As @truglodite said before you should really remove that metal rusted blade that is under your display on the 2 pictures you have posted…

I still agree, however I did investigate the physical situation behind the v3.0.1 pcb, and that particular arrangement in the photo should be harmless. The bottom corner has protruding JST housings that should keep any pins/solpads clear… but yeah it’s better to see that large metal object off the bench anyways, hehe.

Already seen Screen shows gibberish and z homing only one side - #2 by azab2c ?