Skr 1.3 issues with marlin 2.1

Hello, I originally had the blomsd tmc2208UART firmware (2.0), but wanted to try out some specific PWM settings that got introduced after.

Steppers started acting up- took forever troubleshoot due to lack of understanding, but long story short: the problem in my case, was the config.h file has “#define E0_DRIVER_TYPE A4988”.-- i had to comment it out.

Given that I think the new firmware auto assigns E0/E1, i think this was causing issues. I compared it to the lowrider firmware (also on) and the SKR pro firmware (was commented off).

also #define LASER_SYNCHRONOUS_M106_M107 and #define LASER_FEATURE (both turned on)
in config_adv.h makes a world of a difference. and was my main focus for the fw switch.

I played with other settings that were more specific to my build (endstop settings/M92/Stepper direction/etc…) and they all seemed to update fine.

thought I’d share since ive been lurking for years…

Interesting. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully it will help someone. If there is a specific change to the configs in MarlinBuilder, we could merge that in. I don’t know how many people are using the skr (not pro) 1.3