SKR 1.2 pro firmware can you enable E2 as A-axis

OK,
Been busy for a bit. So I have been rather quiet of late.
Recently I acquired a small rotary 4th axis.
On the SKR Pro 1.2 boards I have (2 in use, 1 as test bed), they use 5 steppers, running dual end-stop firmware.
E2 is not used, can it be enabled as a dedicated A-Axis? With what little I know of firmware editing the setting is probably in one of the “configuration” files in the platformio source files.
Before the comments start I know several folks on here use the Y-Axis or X-Axis to run these. I just don’t want to constantly have to re-plug wiring all the time.
Any helpful hints?

2 Likes

I just put together a rotary axis based on the 3D printed parts from this video DIY Rotary Module for K40 Laser Engravers! - YouTube

I had the same question. I do not have end stops so I have E0, E1, and E2 available. I will keep digging and let you know if I find anything.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to find any information about enabling E2 as an A-axis for the rotary axis. I ended up wiring in a 4PDT switch to be able to switch back and forth between the Y axis and the rotary axis. Both are connected through the switch to Y axis on the SKR Pro v1.2 board. It was a little tedious to solder the switch but it is working well.
This is the switch I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VG81BKQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

1 Like

Already doing that myself, a 4PDT switch for running the rotary. And a 4PST to shut off the second stepper

1 Like